Friday 27 February 2009

The Three R's

"Hello Squirt is in a good mood today"
" That's nice Squirt what have you been up to"
"Nothing .............well not much!"
Alarm bells start to ring. When Squirt starts being cagey, it usually means that she is up to something. I decide to hide my panic and play it "Cool". I say nothing.
"What are you doing" She says
"I getting ready to go to school for the day"
"School?" Squirt looks at me with her Oh so innocent eyes "What is a school ?"
"It's were children and young people go to learn things, and be taught different subjects".
"Like what"
"The Three R's to start with"
"What are they"? Squirt asks.
"Reading Writing and Arithmetic" Squirt looks at me with an incredulous look on her face...............
"Why do they call them the three R's when only one begins with an R"
"Because the W in writing is a silent letter that mean you don't pronounce it when you say it"
"And Arithmetic?"
"Ummmm!" I cant answer that one as I don't know.............
"Squirt thinks that School sounds silly. And anyway if only children and young people go there.................Why are you going?"
Squirt ducks and runs from a flying slipper...................................."SQUIRT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment